In the marketplace:
- Try to use the car as little as possible. Transport could be alternatively arranged by bus, train, tram, trolley,bicycle or on foot.
- Avoid using plastic shopping bags and use paper or cloth ones instead.
- Choose glass containers which are more environmentally friendly than plastic or aluminium ones.
- Avoid using disposable containers.
- Choose products using small and environmentally friendly packaging.
- Avoid using chlorinated plastics (PVC).
- Avoid using any products that contain chlorine.
- Look for the recyclable logo on the products you buy.
- Avoid buying products that contain genetically modified organisms.
- Support local agricultural markets.
- Organic vegetarian meals provide a pleasant break from meat.
- Use reusable containers for the storage of food in the fridge instead of aluminium foil.
- Avoid using sprays.
- Use detergents that are free of chlorine and phosphates.
- Switch off any lights not in use.
- Switch off electrical appliances completely and do not leave them on standby. In this way you will use much less energy.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Have showers instead of baths.
- Turn off the tap while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Cisterns with controlled or dual flush mechanisms are recommended.
- Select electrical appliances such as cookers, washing machines and dishwashers carefully. Choose electrical appliances which display their energy consumption or which belong to category A or B. In addition, appliances which are certified for their energy consumption use less energy than others.
- Choose an effective, economical garden watering system.
- Collect rain water and use it for watering or ironing.
- Open the curtains on the south side of the house so that the sun enters the interior.
- To reduce heat loss make door and window frames airtight.
- With good roof, wall and external piping insulation you can achieve savings in money and energy.
- Maintenance of the heating system. This improves efficiency, reduces fuel consumption and the pollution of the atmosphere.
Our activities on the environment do not stop here. Staying constantly updated on new methods which can assist in the preservation of the natural environment without burdening it, strengthens our efforts. We are at your disposal for any clarification in relation to our activities in support of the environment or for your own suggestions.